Monday, December 9, 2013

Introduction

September 19, 2013

Greetings,

The last few years, I have learned a concept that singer-songwriter, Phil Collins, presents about teaching: “In learning you will teach, and in teaching you will learn.”  Being a student at the University of Montana and seeking a degree in Secondary Education for Mathematics and French, I have realized that my joy and passion lies in encouraging students to learn by modeling and facilitating learning experiences.

I have had the chance to be in teaching roles in mathematics throughout my college years by tutoring high school and college students, by being a teacher’s assistant through grading papers, and by being a learning assistant for college courses. Thanks to these experiences, I have gained knowledge and experience on how to teach mathematical subjects, prepare lesson plans, create activities, effectively score levels of students, and create a safe and comfortable learning environment.  I am grateful for the amazing examples of teachers that I have worked with but I am looking forward to learning more skills of teaching such as classroom management, creating learning units, building student-teacher-parent relationships, communicating with other teachers, and many other teaching skills that are learned through the student teaching experience.


Sincerely,

Mariah Smith

For all information that is posted on this blog (portfolio) in a document format, Click Here.

No comments:

Post a Comment